Actionable Google Analytics for WooCommerce is a plugin which integrates your WooCommerce store with Google Analytics in just 5 minutes. NO CODING REQUIRED. Actionable Google Analytics enables 9 enhanced ecommerce reports in your google analytics account along with the GA tracking of audience, behavior and acquisition reports. This plugin also enables FB pixel tracking, Google Ads conversion tracking and Google Optimize integration in your store.
Based on our 10 years of analytics experience in serving top global firms, we have identified 20 custom dimensions and metrics which can be useful for any ecommerce businesses around globe.Some of the advanced tracking which is enabled by the plugin are user id tracking for cross device remarketing, client id tracking, form field tracking for checkout form effectiveness, content grouping, IP anonymization, opt out feature, product refund tracking and much more.
Let us brief you more on these capabilities so that you can start taking informed data driven decisions for your ecommerce business.
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service offered by Google which offers site owners the meaningful insights into the browsing behaviour of the users. In Google Analytics, reports are categorized into 4 sections:
1. Audience: The audience reports in Google Analytics provide insights into characteristics of users who have visited your site. Audiences in Analytics are users that you group together based on any combination of attributes that is meaningful to your business. For example, you might want to create an audience of users who have purchased in last 12 months but not in last 2 months. You can then remarket to this audience using Google Ads.
2. Acquisition: The Acquisition report in Google Analytics helps you in discovering how users arrive at your website. You can use this reports to understand whether users are coming from the organic search or paid campaigns or from any other channels. This also tells you how your different channels are performing in terms of the quality traffic on your store.
3. Behavior: The Behavior reports in Google Analytics helps you in understanding how users are interacting with your store pages, which pages are viewed the most and which pages are making your users leave your store. These insights help you in making sound technical decisions to improve on your store’s UX or to better your merchandizing efforts.
4. Conversions: This is the most important feature for the ecommerce businesses globally as it helps you understand your ecommerce business holistically. Ecommerce segment under conversions tab in Google Analytics provides you 9 enhanced ecommerce reports as explained below:
i) Overview: The Overview report lets you see the overall state of your business, and provides three categories of related metrics:
ii) Shopping Behavior Analysis: The Shopping behavior analysis report lets you see the number of sessions that included each stage of your purchase funnel. It gives you holistic view on which funnel step your site visitors are leaving you the most. The funnel steps are sessions for the site visit to product detailed views to cart abandonment to checkout abandonment to final purchase. This helps you in identifying the strengths and weaknesses in your purchase funnel.
iii) Checkout Behavior Analysis: The Checkout Behavior Analysis report lets you see how successfully your users moved through your checkout process. The checkout-funnel visualization illustrates how many users moved on from one step to the next, how many abandoned the process at each step, and how many entered the process at each step.
iv) Product Performance: The product performance report lets you see how your products are performing from two difference points of view:
Summary: Product performance in terms of revenue, price, and quantity. Includes two of the Shopping Behavior metrics.
v) Sales Performance: The Sales performance reports in Google Analytics lets you evaluate your sales data by either of 2 primary dimensions:
The Sales performance report includes the metrics like revenue, shipping, tax, refund amount, quantity, discount etc.
vi) Product List Performance: Product lists represent a logical grouping of your product on your store. The typical product lists for an ecommerce store are Category page, related products block, similar products block, any cross sell or up sell blocks, search pages etc.
This product performance report in Google Analytics lets you see how a particular product list on your store is performing with the metrics such as product list views, product list clicks or product list CTR. This helps you in better merchandizing your store for higher conversion rate.
vii) Marketing: This report lets you see performance of your internal promotion, order coupon and product coupon.
5. Custom Dimensions and Metrics: One of the most important feature of Google Analytics is creating custom dimensions and metrics. In all of the reports mentioned above Google Analytics allows sending specific data points from your store. For example, on the order confirmation page the required data points that have to be pushed are: id, affiliation, revenue, tax, shipping and coupon. Now say you want to see sales performance report based on the user role or based on the week day or based on the city, then you can create custom dimensions for user role or for week day or for city in pass that when the order confirmation page is called along with the necessary data points asked by Google Analytics. We have created 20 such custom dimensions and metrics in our extension. You can find the full list here.
6. Advanced Tracking: Apart from the reports mentioned above Google Analytics also has advanced features like user id tracking which enables you in cross device tracking, client id tracking which helps you in creating audiences in Google Ads, content grouping from which you can create logical groups for your store like groups based on brands or categories, form field tracking which helps you see the tracking on checkout forms, IP anonymization, opt out and more. Our extension sets all these features in a single click on your store.
Our plugin enables all the above mentioned features including Google Ads conversion tracking and Facebook Pixel tracking under 5 minutes in your WooCommerce store. Our plugins for enhanced ecommerce are currently helping 30k+ ecommerce websites take data driven decisions worldwide.
Following is a selective list of feedback received from users